Abyss – September 2023
Farewell to 5.1!
We want to thank everyone who participated in our closed testing sessions over the past few weekends. The feedback was invaluable and helped us identify areas for improvement as we prepare for our next round of testing.
While some testers felt the visuals needed polish and there was poor FPS, we were encouraged that there were minimal latency issues. Our priority has always been on core gameplay first before aesthetics. Visuals and optimization will continue improving over time.
Here’s a look at what we’re focusing on for the October builds:
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 5.2 and resolved FPS drops
- Improved particle effect efficiency
- Disabled unnecessary graphical features like motion blur
- Revised mana and health UI
- Choppable trees
- Minable ore
- Item spawners in new player zone so players can try all weapons
- Auto attack improvements and changes
- Explosion potions
- Portals to landmark locations
- More flora and fauna throughout the world
- New combat and PvE focused areas
- Continued work on crafting, farming, gathering and housing systems
Looking forward to 5.2 updates!
Our goal remains the same: to have a closed testing build up on Steam as soon as we feel it’s ready. We can’t wait for more of you to experience the hard work that’s gone into Abyss Online over the past year.
As always, we welcome your constructive feedback which helps us iterate quickly. Please join our Discord where you can connect directly with our development team.